Monday, September 20, 2010

When in Rome

September 20, 2010

Saturday

We went to a beach in Greece via the tram.  It was about an hour long and very uncomfortable.  When we arrived I forgot all of that.  It was by far the most beautiful beach I have ever seen.  The water was so incredibly clear and blue, the beach was made of white rocks, and there were beautiful trees everywhere.  I spent all day swimming in the ocean and floating because of the high salt content.  It was a great day.  On the way home we watched the sunrise from the tram.  That night we ate at an authentic greek restaurant that served us meze, meaning an entire meal of greek food.  It was a great way to end our time in Greece.


The first Grecian beach we went to.



Sunday

This was a long day.  We had to wake up at 5am to leave for Rome.  As soon as we arrived we left for the Colosseum.  It was AMAZING.  I was blown away.  Then we went on a 3 hour walking of Rome.  This city completely exceeded my expectations.  I have no words to describe it so I will put up pictures.  I could not believe what I was looking at.  There were ruins surrounding us everywhere we looked.  It was beautiful.

View from the Colosseum

The Colosseum

Overlooking part of Rome (pictures do not do it justice).


Monday

Today we took the metro to the Vatican Museum.  We also saw the Sistine Chapel and the Vatican itself.  It was another beautiful thing to see and very interesting in history.  We leave Rome tomorrow but I wish we weren't.  This city is astounding.  But Florence is next and I am very excited for that city as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment